Saturday, December 30, 2006

The new frames are here




Our new team frames from Cannondale came in. Of course Alren was the first to pick-up, build and ride his. All in the span of about 45 minutes! I think he shoved the UPS guy aside to get to his frame which was still up in the truck.

Cannondale did a great job. We kept it pretty simple keeping the matte black we've had the past 2 years but adding the custom decals. With our uniforms being pretty orange we didn't want the bike to be too obnoxious.

Wade

Comments:
And let the bar tape color debate begin anew. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure I'm going with blue and not orange.
 
Of course Wayne wants blue, it matches his mood...I like ORANGE because I'm cool.
 
Yeah, my cross bike has the bars and tape from my old road bike. Ca. 3 yrs going and you can't tell that 90% of the remaining black "tape" is an accumulated crust of mud, sweat, snot and grease.
However, a nice deep blue probably wouldn't be too bad.
 
Today's cycling tips:

1. You can wash your bike ocassionally. Really. It's OK.
2. When you wash you bike, you can also wash your tape. Really. It's OK.
 
I've gone with orange. 3 rolls purchased already. Cross bike #1 ready for next year - tuned-up. taped-up. Is it September yet?

And agreeing with Wayne. You can wash your bike and the tape too!
 
I like Stella Azzurra Tecno Spugna tape because it cleans up so well without falling apart. When I wash my bike, I just squirt some Simple Green on the tape, wipe it down with a scrubber sponge, and it stays fairly clean.
 
Seriously, I do clean my bike occasionally. I even make efforts at cleaning the tape, but lighter colors do ultimately seem to get embedded crap in them that doesn't come clean. Of course, maybe I should start cleaning myself occaisionally...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]