Saturday, December 16, 2006

Damn I look good...



But I race like crap! I pick Nationals to throw out my worst performance in a cross race in sometime. Oh well. I won't offer up all the same old lame excuses. Wait! I'm a bike racer we ALWAYS offer the excuse or two when things go wrong. I'd guess my cross form peaked back in mid-November and has been slipping since then. The Flu didn't help. That greased the skids of my downward slide. Ted said it best when we were out at dinner a few nights back. When your teetering on form and only training the minimum amount, missing 2 or 3 workouts is all it takes. I did get a mention on the PA as I had a very good start and the mention " Wade Summers is up there too!" came over the wires. I was sitting in the top 15 when the field made the right hand turn onto the grass. But that was it. It went downhill from there as I had NO power and a steady stream of riders went by me for the next 2 laps. The bleeding slowed after that and I cruised home to 71st! I had to put in an effort in the last lap to catch a rider who has no business finishing in front of me at a cross race. It was the only mission I accomplished.

The new clothes look great. Same design basically but with orange, taking the look back to the old Team Horst.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]